Parents' Bill of Rights for Data Privacy and Security
The Fabius-Pompey School District is committed to ensuring student privacy in accordance with local, state and federal regulations and district policies. To this end and pursuant to U.S. Department of Education regulations, the district is providing the following Parents’ Bill of Rights for Data Privacy and Security:
• A student’s personally identifiable information (PII) cannot be sold or released for any commercial purposes.
• Parents have the right to inspect and review the complete contents of their child’s education record.
• State and federal laws protect the confidentiality of personally identifiable information and safeguards associated with industry standards and best practices, including but not limited to, encryption, firewalls and password protection, must be in place when data is stored or transferred.
• A complete list of all student data elements collected by the state will be available for public review both online and via regular mail from the New York State Department of Education (SED). The website and mailing address will be listed here when the information is made available by SED.
• Parents have the right to have complaints about possible breaches of student data addressed. Complaints should be directed in writing to:
Andrea Nardozzi, Coordinator for Pupil and Personnel Services
1211 Mill St.
Chief Privacy Officer
New York State Education Department
89 Washington Avenue
Albany, NY 12234
This bill of rights is subject to change based on regulations of the commissioner of education and the SED chief privacy officer. Changes/additions are also anticipated as SED releases further guidance documents.
If you would like more information, please contact F-P's Coordinator for Pupil and Personnel Services, Chantal M Corbin.
More information is also available on the following websites: